Physicians and Medical Students will have the opportunity to share their thoughts, projects, and ideas that support physician well-being at the Annual Joy of Medicine Summit. Find out how to submit a presentation below.
Lightning Grand Rounds
A lightning talk is a very short presentation lasting only a few minutes, given at a conference by a multitude of speakers. The goal of lightning talks is to articulate a topic in a quick, insightful, and clear manner. These concise and efficient talks are intended to grab the attention of the audience, convey key information, and allow for several presenters to share their ideas in a brief period of time. Presentations may be in a narrative format as well.
Presentation Objectives and Guidelines
What Does Joy in Medicine Feel, Look and/or Sound Like to You?
Your answer to the question should fall within one or more of the following categories:
- What inspired you to go to medical school to become a physician?
- How do you connect with your patients?
- How does your healthy lifestyle (diet, exercise, sleep) help you foster mental well-being?
- How do you seek out and accept help from others?
- What techniques or practices do you use to facilitate work/life balance?
The Future of Practicing Medicine
- What does Joy of Medicine look like?
- Describe your vision for the future of medicine.
- What does your practice/organization do to foster physician well-being?
- What do you think practices/organizations should do to foster physician well-being?
- Is work/life balance possible?
- Share one great idea —Tell a story, motivate, and inspire.
- Make it quick —Presentations must be five minutes or less.
- Be creative —You can use slides or videos to present your talk.
- Avoid sales pitches —Refrain from advertising products and services.
- Hurry and sign up! —There are only 6 slots, so submit your presentation soon!
- Have fun! —This is your chance to share your passion for physician well-being.
- Must be a practicing physician, resident or medical student to participate
Lightning Grand Rounds submissions will be considered for in-person presentation at the Joy of Medicine Summit on September 28, 2019 and for inclusion on joyofmedicine.org and/or in the Medical Society’s publication SSV Medicine.
Email your Lightning Grand Rounds proposal to Lindsay at email@example.com by August 16, 2019 and include the following:
- Your full name, title, organization (if applicable), email address, and phone number.
- Your final Lightning Grand Rounds PowerPoint slides, or video.
- A brief description of your talk (500 characters or less).
- A short bio (not a CV…let us know who you really are)
For any questions, please contact:
Lindsay Coate, Director of Programs
Sierra Sacramento Valley Medical Society
916-452-2671 or firstname.lastname@example.org